Over the past few months, I have written several guest columns related to health and wellbeing. I have focused on the power of positive thinking and the importance of being thankful; avoiding overconsumption during the Holiday Season, and the importance of being cognitive of your mental health to kick off the New Year. I wish to continue to educate on strategies that keep us ‘thinking outside the box’ when it comes to health and wellness initiatives.
This month is no different, and in reference to my ‘taking the trash out’ title, I want to discuss the importance of removing environmental and toxic trash from our bodies. Comparable to taking unwanted, rotten, trash from our homes, daily, we want to do the same with the toxic trash which has accumulated in our bodies, over time. It is important to clean, detoxify, and excavate harmful substances from our system so our body can better function at a more optimal capacity, as it was created to do.
Detoxification, by definition, is a ‘treatment that is intended to remove poisonous or harmful substances from the body.’ This is executed by removing impurities from the blood by the liver, where toxins are processed for elimination. During a body detox, the body also eliminates toxins through the kidneys, intestines, lungs, lymphatic system, and skin. With that stated, detoxification strategies are most likely needed if you are suffering from:
- Unexplained fatigue
- Poor gastrointestinal elimination
- Blemishes and irritated skin
- Sign of poor immunity such as repeated infections
- Puffy eyes
- Acidity and bloating
There are many disciplines used for detoxification purposes, drinking water is one of the easiest steps to begin flushing toxins out of the body. Water transports toxins through the bloodstream, expelling them through the urine. In doing this, it is important to drink the recommended eight glasses of water per day.
Another strategy used for detoxing is utilizing zeolite-based herbal remedies to support the extraction of toxins. As a scientist, trained in nanotechnology, nutrition, biotechnology and pharmaceutical operations, I have created a myriad of formulas that support this process.
“Clean Slate,” one of my patented, scientifically innovative, liquid detox formulas (created exclusively for The ROOT Brands, a Nashville based nutraceutical company), performs a passive systemic detoxification cleansing. Formulated with Bioavailable Silica, Vitamin C, and Trace Minerals (and other proprietary ingredients), Clean Slate binds to heavy metals, allergens, viral and bacterial particles while also eliminating them through urine. Assisting in decreasing negative inflammation, the product also targets mercury, lead, arsenic, glyphosate, agent orange and depleted uranium.
Clean Slate is a great way to jumpstart your overall detoxing process by simply taking a few drops in the morning and again at night. Other options for natural detoxing are:
- Limit alcohol. When it comes to natural detoxification, consumption of alcohol will set you back.
- Focus on nutrition. Eating at least five servings of fruits and vegetables each day will support your body in detox. Include broccoli, cauliflower, berries, garlic, onions, and artichokes.
- Eat more fiber. According to the Complete Food and Nutrition Guide, insoluble fiber not only helps remove waste from our colon, but also lessens the amount of time harmful substances, including toxins, remain in the colon’s lining.
- Prioritize sleep. Sleep at least 7 to 9 hours each night. Sleeping allows the body to remove toxic waste by-products which accumulate throughout the day. According to Healthline.com, with sleep deprivation, your body does not have time to recharge appropriately, so toxins build and can negatively affect your health.
- Reduce intake of sugar and processed foods.
- Decrease salt intake.
- Stay active. Exercise helps reduce inflammation and supports detoxification.
Finally, to help minimize toxin exposure, it is important to let fresh air flow when at all possible. Buy the least toxic household cleaners; use non-toxic personal hygiene products, cosmetics, and sunscreens, and always limit the use of plastics and nonstick cookware.
For more information on Clean Slate detoxing formula, go to www.therootbrands.com/purelivingroot.
Finally, The ROOT Brands will host Booths #8 and #9 at the Nashville Wellness Fest, Saturday, May 6. I am excited to be the ‘opening speaker’ for this year’s event. Please come by say HI! and try free ROOT Brand nutraceutical samples.
I hope to see you there.
Dr. Christina Rahm is the Chairman of the Board and Chief Science and Development Officer of The ROOT Brands. Dr. Rahm is also the CEO and Founder of DRC Ventures which executes patent formulations and brand development for The ROOT Brands and other global companies. Learn more about Dr Christina Rahm by visiting her website.