It’s no secret that avocados are worthy of nutrient all-star recognition. Weighing anywhere from 8 ounces to 3 pounds, these luscious green gems are packed with amazing health benefits.
Here are eight reasons why you need to add these nutrient all-stars to your diet.
Avocados are jam-packed with nutrients!
By partaking in a single 3.5 ounce serving, here are the nutrients you’ll be supplying your body with:
· An essential nutrient necessary for responding to injuries, this vitamin regulates normal blood clotting.
· This nutrient plays a vital role in cellular metabolism and energy production.
· This vitamin is necessary for the growth, development and repair of all body tissues.
· This mineral treats high blood pressure, helps maintain consistent blood pressure and aids in the prevention of strokes.
· Recognized as one of the most important vitamins for human life, Vitamin B5 is necessary for making blood cells. It also helps you convert the food you eat into energy.
· Also known as Pyridoxine, Vitamin B6 is required for the proper function of sugars, fats, and proteins in the body. It is also required for the proper growth and development of the brain, nerves, skin, and many other parts of the body,
· This vitamin is key for strong immunity and healthy skin and eyes.
Avocados are versatile
These fruits can be enjoyed in soups, dips, salads, smoothies, and ice cream! What other fruits are you aware of that can be enjoyed this many ways?
Avocados are good for your skin, eyes and hair
Rich in fat-soluble vitamins and monounsaturated fats, avocadoes are great for glowing skin, bright eyes and shiny hair when eaten or used topically. Not only are they affordable, but they are also free from added synthetic chemicals. Avocadoes may just be nature’s best moisturizer.
Avocado toast is the perfect brunch dish
This is easy to make at home, but if you’re heading out for breakfast in Nashville, we recommend satisfying your avocado toast cravings at Pinewood Social, Stay Golden or First Watch. Or, try Nutrition Stripped’s 6 Ways to Toast recipe.
You’ll thank us later.
Avocados aid in weight loss
Avocados are a great food option when wanting to lose weight. The healthy fats in this fruit will help you feel full fast so you eat less overall.
Avocados encourage better hormonal balance and cognitive function
Believe it or not, the healthy fats found in avocados greatly benefit your moods.
Avocados are low in sugar
Since avocados are considered a fruit and all fruits have sugar, this is worth noting. Avocados contain less than 1 gram of sugar per ounce, which is the least amount of sugar per serving in comparison to all other fresh fruits.
Avocados are fiber friendly
Avocados are one of the best fruit sources of fiber. You can find about 14 grams of gut-friendly fiber in a single avocado. This is especially great for healthy digestion, nutrient absorption and balanced blood sugars.